Establishment of an Aerodrome Manual Towards Airport Certification
This course is targeted at airport professionals and aims to provide participants with a clear understanding of the requirements and practical application of the processes needed for the approval of an Aerodrome Manual (AM) by the respective Civil Aviation Authority (CAA). The course focuses on the preparation process, implementation, and maintenance of the AM that are applicable to aerodrome operators (as recognized applicants) and their respective CAA approving bodies.
Benefits to Airport Operators
Increase broader understanding of the importance of the Aerodrome Manual (AM) and its key relationship with Aerodrome Certification:
- Demonstrates how AM underpins all operational activities of significance on the aerodrome
- Links to the mandated Safety Management System (SMS)
- Provides a solid base for ongoing safety assurance
- Enables the aerodrome operator to more easily obtain operational stakeholder “buy-in”
- Creates a base for implementing “real time” performance measures that can be monitored on an ongoing basis
By the end of this course, participants should be able to:
1. Identify the key and essential elements of an Aerodrome Manual;
2. Determine the specific criteria against which the Aerodrome Manual will be assessed;
3. Create a process for the approval/ acceptance of the Aerodrome Manual; and
4. Create a process for surveillance and monitoring of the Aerodrome Manual.
This course is designed primarily to meet the needs of CAA managers, inspectors, and assessors who are involved in the Aerodrome Manual approval process as well as representatives of aerodrome operators/air navigation service providers who are responsible for the development and maintenance of the Aerodrome Manual.